Skip to main content

The eve of the non-battle

Quiet is the eve in this old town

Shadows grow long and echoes far

Gone is the frantic hammering of blacksmiths

Fletchers do not sharpen arrow tips


Quiet is the eve in this old town

done are many battles, the fallen burned

spells are collected, troops asleep


Bright is the full moon on elves and humans

Songs are being sung in undertones

Still we remember the tension growing

Still we remember the cries of war


Bright is the full moon and quiet we are

But we will rise again, and shine in gold

To the new ones and those gone

I raise my flagon of tears and I bow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lie

There's a lie in each good bye. We say it without knowing Credit: NASA in good faith we part ways thinking  it's forever, it's over, it's gone. But we are made of stars. Those molecules and atoms, those streams of photons bouncing and protons and the rest will keep on bouncing combining, dividing coalescing and parting. Again. So it's a lie us saying goodbye, no need to cry. The carbon bound in my lower lip will meet the oxygen in that tear you try to hide. A kid will burp the fizzy water and laugh,  widen their eyes. And there we'll be.  Again. The universe has its times.

Special skills

 "Ronnie is a dick. I mean, he's really an ass, I mean a donkey, you know, the poor relative of the noble horse. He's a jackass in more than one way. He told me he wasn't going to carry carrots to the town market, because carrying carrots was cacophonic. As if his braying could be taken as a melodious show of vocal harmony. He also told me Herman the bull was holding a grudge because of the established practices in our farm, and he was plotting something ominous. I laughed at that: Herman liked our time together in the barn. I had proof. So on I went, to grab the bull by the horns, as they say in my language, and see what was the problem. After searching around as if he was a needle and not a fucking huge black bull, there I found him, all alone in his enclosure, ruminating on grass and - so Ronnie swore - grudges. - Hi there. Herr! - Don't. I'm ruminating. - He turned his butt towards me. You see, I've been talking with our animals since I was a child and